You are here
We're delighted to welcome you back into our spaces as of August 10, 2020!
It’s been too long and we have missed you. Library service is going to look a little bit different in this "new normal", so please review the information below about the new processes and safety measures in place.
Some library services will be available on a drop-in basis, while others will be available by reservation only.
Browse our collection in person
Photocopying and faxing
By Reservation Only
Billie's Book Picks
Need children’s books? Your friends Curby and Billie Bookbot can help!
Billie and Curby have put together special surprise bags filled with their favourite items. Each bag comes with 10 books and you can choose between Picture Books, Board Books or books for Early Readers.
What's Not Available
Some library services will remain unavailable during this phase of reopening. These include:
In-person library programs
Toys and play areas in our Children's departments
Extended library visits
Common seating areas
Newspapers, magazines and musical instruments
Study rooms and meeting room rentals
How we're keeping you safe
- Occupancy limits, per Provincial guidelines
- Providing hand sanitizer and face masks, as needed
- Reorganized spaces for physical distancing, including barriers at service points
- Isolating all returned materials for 72+ hours
- Increased sanitation schedule
- Staff training on safety measures
What you can do to help
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell, have a fever, new cough, or difficulty breathing
- Wear a face covering
- Practice physical distancing
- Wash or sanitize your hands before entering the building, and frequently throughout your visit
- Limit the duration of your visit